You’ve got to love a gluten and egg free recipe that works just as well as if it weren’t, tastes just as good as its gluten-full counterparts and doesn’t cost the earth to make. That’s exactly my review of my friend Mim’s Gluten Free Raspberry Slice. This very simple recipe looks far more impressive than the minimal effort it actually requires – so don’t be put off by the creaming of the butter and sugar – everything else is so jolly simple, it’s really not a deal-breaker. Serve this up to all your guests as a dessert with cream or icecream or simply as a an eye-pleasing morning or afternoon tea. Finally, this yummy number can be done with berries of your choice (mine pictured above is mixed berry) and regular flour should you not require freedom from gluten. Either way, will only set you back around $4. Thankyou Mim, I can tell I’m going to be making this again and again.
- 200 g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 cups of gluten free flour
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup flaked almonds
- Line lamington pan with baking paper.
- Beat butter, vanilla and sugar until light and fluffy. Stir in almond meal and sifted flour.
- Press 2/3 pastry into base – reserve rest for crumbling on top.
- Bake uncovered in moderately hot oven (200) for 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle raspberries over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining pastry (crumbled) and flaked almonds.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until brown.
- Cool in pan. Lift whole slice out using baking paper. Cut into squares, dusting pieces with icing sugar.
Looks amazing! Great post!
Wonderful to have a gluten free recipe! has already served the AFES Office and the UNSW Women’s training group this week with much enjoyment 🙂
Hi Laura. I had wondered if that was the photo at the top of the staff page 😉
I can personally vouch for the ‘much enjoyment’ at UNSW Women’s Training!
A delicious slice, so great to have something gluten free and egg free that tastes so delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe