I’ve recently decided that as much as I love baking biscuits, I just can’t pull them off without stress in my current stage of life. Steve loves Anzac biscuits, but the thought of rolling little balls, arranging them on trays and then rotating them around the oven is enough to stress me out before I start. This terrific recipe from my childhood solves the problem for less than $2. Makes 32 slices.
- 140 grams butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup self raising flour
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl
3. Melt butter in a heatproof jug in the microwave, stir in golden syrup and milk.
4. Make a well in the middle of the dry ingredients and add the butter mixture. Mix well.
5. Press into a lined 16 x 26 cm slice tin and cook for 15 minutes until golden brown.